Wednesday, February 20, 2013

At the Roxy, 20 years later

I would be remiss, as an avid Phish fan, not to mention in this space that today is the 20th anniversary of what is arguably one of the best Phish shows of all time at The Roxy in Atlanta.

It is possibly the best show Phish ever performed up to that point, and they had been around almost a decade by then. And while it certainly ranks up among most Phish fans' top ten lists, I would say it could be the greatest non-holiday show in Phishtory.

It is that good. If you are even a casual Phish listener, but you have never heard it, take my advice and listen to Feb. 20, 1993 - it is part of the boxed set called 'At the Roxy'.

For the rest of the Phish fans, you already know what I am talking about.

I know I will never forget hearing the tape of the show (before it was officially released).  It was sometime in the mid-90s and friend Ali mailed me the tape of Set II.  I promised to give it a live review - emailing her my reaction to it as I listened for the first time.  When the insanity ensued, my email started filling up with exclamation points and "BEST SHOW EVER" proclamations. I wish I still had that email.

No comments:

Post a Comment