Monday, November 21, 2011

Welcome (back)!


Somehow you've stumbled upon my blog! Perhaps you stumbled upon my old blog, Heart and Soles, and found the link to this new one. Or maybe you are Eric Mullin, the only person that has ever confirmed that he read my blog. For all I know, Eric, you are the only one. Have you started YOUR blog yet?

Either way, I thank you for sticking around long enough to read this. I hope you stay with me and read some more, especially if you're a runner, a Phish fan, or, like me, both. (Or, if you are Mullin.)

For five years, I wrote my old blog, about the adventures of a newbie runner, for northjersey.com. But, sadly, they lost interest in me so I have now moved to my own space. No longer a newbie, with five marathons completed since 2007, I have a new perspective, new goals, and new challenges.

I am also a huge fan of the band Phish. My first show was June 23, 1993, and I've been to 75 shows since then. I did not write much about Phish in the old blog unless I was going on runs while on Phish tour. But here, I'll get more into the aspects of phandom.

Last thing to know about me - I love to travel the United States, so I have incorporated the things I love into my travel goals:
    - Visit all 50 states. I only have 10 more to go!
    - Run a race, preferably a marathon, in all fifty. All five of my marathons have been in different states (read about it in my old blog's archives), but I have raced in four more.
    - See Phish in all fifty...or at least in as many as they play. They have not yet played in a bunch of states, a fact they pointed out at this summer's Super Ball IX festival where they named the campsites after those states.

So that is where I will start for now. In the coming posts, I will backtrack a bit and write about what has been going on since I last posted to my old blog in August. I hope you stick around. Thanks for reading.

Daniel Galioto

2 comments:

  1. Your one (and possibly only fan signing in!
    No, I have not started my Blog yet. Can you have writer's block before you get started? My New Year's resolution is to get behind the keyboard and get started.
    Good to see the blog up and running again!
    Keep up the good work Mr.Gale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mr. Mullapalooza! Jan. 1, 2012, I'm going to start looking for your blog!

    ReplyDelete