Sunday, January 12, 2014

No more ice baths

At some point. I had read that taking an ice bath after a long, strenuous run helps with muscle recovery. For a few years, I had been doing so and it may very well have been helpful.

But I am done with it. The past two times I did it, it was just too cold and uncomfortable. In the past, I could sit in there for 15 to 20 minutes, but lately, all I could manage was 15 to 20 seconds.

So, no more ice baths. We shall see if it affects my weekly long-run recovery. As an extra precaution, I will be upping my protein intake instead. Hopefully, that will make up for it.


2 comments:

  1. Ice baths are really helpful. Give them another chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I probably should. But I think I am going to wait it out a little while and see how much of an effect the lack of ice baths has. I do not know why I suddenly have developed such a bad reaction to them, but the last two were unbearable.

      Delete