Wednesday, January 29, 2014

To Jazz Fest! Or not.

For a brief moment, after Phish announced they were playing at Jazz Fest in New Orleans, I actually considered attending.

It will be, of course, a special show for two reasons: 

First, it will be a part of a festival and, if their stints at Bonnaroo and their own festivals are any indication, it is sure to be a great time. 

Second, it is their first April show since the Vegas shows that brought the band to its nadir a decade ago, prompting them to call it quits. Goodness knows we need a good April show to push that bad memory out of our heads.

Personally, though, it would be huge for me.  A one-off Phish show at a festival in a state to which I have never been...and it would be my 100th.  

Certainly, they will tour this year and I will hit the three-digit mark, but to mark the 100th with such a unique show would be incredible.

I could not justify it to be within my budget, so I searched for marathons in the vicinity in order to make the expense more worthwhile. I even checked the whole state...and in the surrounding states...but to no avail.  No marathons in the area that week.

Ah well.  I will save myself a grand, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment