Saturday, March 8, 2014

The possibility of cold rain

In a little over nine hours I will be running the Lower Potomac River Marathon. 

The forecast now says that it is possible I may encounter my worst nightmare - temperatures in the low 40s and rain.

I can deal with rain if it is warmer and I can deal with (much) colder temps without rain.  I can even do snow.  But nothing is worse than rain in the 40s.

If I wear extra clothing, it gets too heavy from the wetness.  But if I keep it light, that cold rain chills me right to the bone. 

It is only a 30 percent chance, but it is still possible. And it is doubtful we will see the sun.

But I am here to run a marathon, come hell or high water, so the only thing to do is soldier through.

I just hope I can sleep a bit tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment