Friday, April 11, 2014

Scored a SPAC pav ticket!

With five of my six ampitheater tickets being for the lawn, I decided to give the "Ticketmonster" a try and see if I could score at least one more pavilion seat. 

The Saratoga Performing Arts Center tickets went on sale to the general public at the end of last month, but since all three nights went on sale at the same time, the best anyone could hope for was one pavilion seat.  If you are lucky enough to nab one, chances are that by the time you make the transaction, the other two are sold out.

The question was this: Which night does one go for?  Which will have the best odds of scoring a pav?

Night one, July 3? Being the first night of the run and the night before a day off from work for most people, it could be a popular choice.

Night two, the holiday?  Every good Phish phan knows that Fourth of July shows are usually bested only by New Year's, Halloween, and the festivals.  Might be a tough get.

Night three, the Saturday?  Even people with holiday plans can still make this show and have the next day off from work.  Could be a crowded field.

Hey, what the heck.  I attempted to get the one I wanted most - July 4.

And I nailed it!  It will be my eighth show at SPAC and my very first time in its pavilion!

So, who wants to buy my lawn ticket?

No comments:

Post a Comment