Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Postponed yet again

It has been one crappy month.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly for the first couple of weeks after the Gansett Marathon. Then I accidentally smashed my Achilles tendon with a shopping cart, which prevented me from running for four days. After that, I got sick with a fever, which prevented me from running for two days. I eased back into it with a slight pain in my knee which went away during following week, but during my long run on May 19, I pulled a hamstring. That knocked me out for six days.

All the while, the days that I actually could run, I was running slowly and doing short distances. It seems most of my runs since the race, now more than six weeks ago, have been recovery runs. By now, I should be in the middle of a raging short race season. I should have tons of speed work under my belt - 400 meter intervals galore and seven-mile tempo runs. Instead, I am stuck doing three-milers at slower-than-marathon pace. I could not even begin my season on the already postponed date of June 2.

So I will set my target date for a third time for my opening race of the season - June 30, the Include Me! 5K, which benefits Pathways for Exceptional Children.

That is, if I do not suffer some other injury in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment