Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Phish lottery

Five for seven.


That was my result from the Phish lottery. If I had to choose, I would say the two tickets I did not get were the ones I wanted least (Jones Beach), but I really would not want to have had to choose. And I had no choice anyway. I did not get them. So, you know, oh well.


But I am thrilled that I will be going to Atlantic City and the SPAC and I immediately set about reserving hotel rooms.


I was shocked (though I guess I should not have been) by the weekend prices of hotel rooms in A.C., so I booked a hotel in nearby Absecon. It was half the price of an A.C. hotel and all I had to do was walk a half-mile to the train station and take it one stop (for only seven bucks round trip) to the heart of A.C.


So there! Take that you overpriced Vegas-wannabe of a city! I beat you!


For the SPAC, I booked two nights at a pet-friendly hotel about 30 miles north of Saratoga because my ex-girlfriend (but still good friend) Karen will be coming along and bringing her new dog. We are going to have SO MUCH FUN. I have always wanted to travel with a dog and, lately, been wanting one of my own.


After the SPAC shows, we will continue north for a day trip up to Vermont where we will visit the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory and the Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory. What a (short, not-so-strange) trip it will be!


As for Jones Beach, I figured I would try my luck on Ticketmaster. That is usually futile because Ticketmaster sucks ass, but what the hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment