Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The stupidity does not stop

I am a smart guy. I know it. But, all too often, I can be really stupid.

For some reason, I had it in my head that Jones Beach Phish tickets would go on sale at Ticketmaster on last Saturday.

I prepared a plan of attack, opting this time to try my luck at an actual physical Ticketmaster outlet at a local Wal-Mart instead of dealing with the futility if their awful website.

Saturday morning, I looked at the Ticketmaster website and was stunned to see that tickets went on sale Friday, not Saturday, and unsurprisingly, both shows were sold out.

But it is really OK. I had also prepared myself for the inevitable disappointment of not getting tickets. I will be happy with the five shows I scored from Phish Tickets by Mail. If nothing else, that saves me $140 and two vacation days. I will be sure to treat myself to something else, maybe during the Vermont trip or during my Rhode Island marathon getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment