Friday, March 30, 2012

The taper begins

This is the first week of the taper - the period of time after the most intense training during which my weekly mileage steadily decreases in order to have fresh legs for the race. After finishing my 58-mile week with less than stellar results, I have mixed feelings.

Am I ready? That last 20-miler bummed me out and it was the last major training day. I hope it is not a harbinger of bad tidings for the race.

My Sunday five-miler was slow, but I was able to pick up the pace for my Monday eight-miler and Tuesday fiver. 

Wednesday was the final day of hill sprints (thankfully!).  I won't miss those.  There is nothing fun about sprinting up and down a hill that is 1/3-mile long.
Yesterday, much-needed rest.

Today, only four miles.  I have not done a four-mile run in weeks.  Hopefully, it will be a piece of cake.

Sixteen days to go until the Gansett Marathon and everything aches. This is not the vibe I wanted for the taper period.

No comments:

Post a Comment