Thursday, April 5, 2012

Much needed rest day?

This morning I did not need to wake to my alarm because it was the one blessed day per week that I do not run, so I was able to sleep until 8 a.m.

When I woke, feeling refreshed, I thought to myself, "Ahhh, a much needed rest day."

Then I thought to myself, "Really?  Much needed?  I ran, what, 30-something miles this past week?"

And so I continued to beat myself up for a while and thought more about how I am so not ready for the Gansett Marathon, which I will be running in nine days.

In 20th-anniversary cassette news, I decided to digitize the tape recording of my 4/1/1992 performance by my first band, Another Sleepless Night, while getting ready for work this morning.  Next on the list is the Phish show from 4/16/92.

No comments:

Post a Comment