Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Marathon Number Nine

After tackling the goals of PRs in both the 5K and 10K this spring I began tentatively training for a ninth marathon.  I had not registered, nor had I booked any travel, but by the time I got to Block Island, I was doing 18-mile long runs.  I was clearly mentally committed and physically able.  There was no turning back.
 
It was time to pull the trigger.  It takes a lot of time to be sure I remain within my very limited budget. During my relaxing week on the island, I could be clear-headed and take careful consideration of all factors when booking air travel and lodging.
 
So it is now official - my ninth marathon will be the Park City Marathon in Utah on Aug. 17.  The flight and hotel are booked, the registration is complete.  This is my second attempt at a Utah marathon - in 2010, I registered for the South Jordan Marathon, but pulled out because of injury.
 
With only a month to go, I am hoping...no, confident...that I will make it there and run a quality race.

No comments:

Post a Comment