Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Twenty on the D&R Canal path

For last week's 20-miler, the first of the season, I continued my quest to run the entirety of the Delaware and Raritan Canal path. I started in Lambertville and ran 10-miles south to W. Upper Ferry Road, West Trenton (Ewing Township), where I had left off last time, and back again.

The traffic-free dirt path was a joy to run. The canal and trees made it feel closer to nature than the blacktop roads I usually traverse. But best of all it was flat, flat, flat. I did a mostly steady 7:41 pace and even managed a slight negative split. It was sunny and hot that day, and that is certainly a lot slower than my goal pace, but I felt like a champ.

Then, using my portable shower that I kept in the car, I cleaned up, met up with Karen and her friends, and spent a nice summer day in Lambertville and neighboring New Hope, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment