Friday, October 11, 2013

Recovery Day Three


So much for the big, nutritious breakfast.

It was my first time in a bed in three days, so slept long and deeply (natch). I had barely enough time to pack up and check out. Then it was on the road to Salt Lake City.

My first stop was Antelope Island, which is an island park that sits in the Great Salt Lake with hiking trails, beaches, campgrounds, roaming bison and pronghorn antelope.  Here I am dipping my feet in the lake, which I found to be murky, kind of gross, and teeming with bugs.


  



Without a lot of time to spend, though, I did not get a chance to walk the trails, though I did drive the length of the one main road and stopped to take photos of the view and the wildlife.



 
Later, after walking around Salt Lake City all day seeing the sights and learning about the history of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I was finally hungry and needed to eat.  Since I knew it would be my only meal in the city before going home, I wanted it to be special - from just the right place.  The more I walked around, the harder it was for me to decide where to eat.

By this time, my brain was probably in a complete fog from not having had a proper meal in four days, not to mention walking around in the sun every day, drinking nothing but water, beer and whiskey.  In that stupor, I made the boneheaded decision to not eat at all because I could not decide where to go.  At the end of the night, I simply checked into my last hotel room and crashed out, continuing to completely blow my recovery in every way possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment